Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Dying In The Sun"

Do you remember
The things we used to say?
I feel so nervous
When I think of yesterday

How could I let things
Get to me so bad?
How did I let things get to me?
Like dying in the sun

I never understood the meaning of this song. It actually sounded very absurd. My logical senses kicked in. What’s 'dying in the sun'? You are sweating already and then you die? or its bad enough that you are not under the shade of cool trees or chilling in your air conditioned room, now you are dying too?? I was made to understand the view point of this song. It was beautiful. I enjoyed it, now I now realize that though I appreciated it, I was blind to the full spectrum of the meaning in the lines. I read these lines today and tada! I saw it. I was surprised, it was as if the words decided to open themselves and made me experience what the lines wanted to convey. Ignorance might be bliss but enlightenment is euphoric…

No comments:

Post a Comment