Monday, June 29, 2009

Fuzzy abstract thoughts on information exchange

The way in which my brother and I could relate to each other in our own way always amazed me. The vibes we give out are somehow translated and discreetly or unknowingly acknowledged by each other. We both know each others moves, but at the same time we also acknowledge that we can be unpredictable due to the very fact that we know that each of us know what we are about to do next.

It surprised me when I saw that my brother decided to blog just 2-3 weeks after I started blogging. He unlike me was eager to showcase his thoughts to all and getting their feedback. All his entries conveyed something strong and thoughtful, yet simple effortless for the reader. (http://sabith.wordpress.com/)

I attempted to super impose the Johari Window model to articulate the information exchange between my brother and me which is something like:

I know; bro knows
I know; bro don’t know
I don’t know; bro know
I don’t know; bro don’t know

But this didn’t make sense as I am not aware of what I don’t know which make the 3rd and 4th points irrelevant.

The information exchange in my case follows a lot more complex path with a lot of additional conditions.

For instance, I feel that there is a part of me which I haven’t yet exposed to him, but I know that he knows I have not shown him something and has an idea of what I am capable of. He doesn’t push me to expose that part to me because he knows that it would be futile. There are also times when I explicitly don’t give out information that I want to share with him, rather lead him to it indirectly.

Now, when you come right down to it, I have kept this space under wraps because I am not yet ready to expose this facet of myself. At this point of time I am simply not ready to be judged.

Right now I write this as an outlet to my mind, which until now was reveling in the thought that it found a person who can read it all without a word being said. My streams of thought always found the ocean. It's just that the streams now take a different path, but it will definitely fuse with the ocean..

No comments:

Post a Comment