Thursday, November 5, 2009

Inglorious Basterds

I successfully completed 21 entries as planned in this space and broke the routine yesterday due to Inglorious Basterds.

This 2 and a half hour Quentin flick has the Nazi occupation of France as a backdrop. The scenes were brilliantly taken. The movie had those characteristic lengthy dialogues which were delivered with an uneasy calm during an extremely tense situation that always kept you at the edge of your seat. The composure of the character during an extremely volatile situation depicts the dementedness that resides within. I couldn’t digest the ending as it thoroughly digresses from the actual sequence of events in history. It has left me with an uncomfortable feeling like an unreachable itch. All the while I was not expecting something so very different from what has been written in our history books. I guess that’s the feeling that Tarentino wanted us to leave with. Not with a feeling of completeness but with that of intriguing bewilderment.

As it usually happens with most of his flicks, I need to watch this movie again to really understand the story of these basterds.

No comments:

Post a Comment