Sunday, November 8, 2009

Love thy neighbors???!!!!

The rains were one the last things that dampened my spirits this weekend. I had got 2 sms’s within a span of 2 hours from my landlord, one to vacate the house and the later an apology sms dismissing the whole issue. The issue was that my neighbors complained of mental trauma due to the sight of spotting women entering my house at various instances.

All my neighbor’s scopes are focused on my house. Being bachelors makes us exciting subjects to train their eyes and ears on. Again what are they mad about? Women don’t come about in revealing clothes to tempt their desperate husbands, they haven’t witnessed any public display of affection which can scar their children’s minds more than what they see on TV, nor have they heard anything sounding lurid coming out of my house even if they stick their ears to my wall. All they see is women enter and leave, which makes their imagination go wild with possibilities. Again the possibility that we might just be having a simple conversation is too uninteresting for their perverted minds. Now that they haven’t seen or heard anything, they also put their creative minds to their best use and conjure wild imaginations of orgies and other fantasies that they feel bachelors indulge in the very instant a woman enters their house. Though they haven’t actually witnessed anything, they feel that they have been traumatized due to all the imaginations that creep within them. I live with a male roommate and guys visit my house too. Thank god the possibility of homosexuality is not exciting enough for them. I am not sure if they at least spared my old maid out of this. Even if I was making out with a woman inside my house, how are they getting affected by it? Are they to decide who I should be friends with and what goes on with my life?

What if I were to flip the same accusations on them? Does being married give them immunity to lust and desire? Why can’t we assume that these married wives and husbands are individually fornicating with every person they let inside their house? Or getting guests to join in their act? Even if they are doing one or all of the above, why should it bother me as long as my privacy and dignity are not getting affected? If they feel outraged they should understand that an ‘single’ man would feel no different.

Makes me feel like I am living around a bunch of Talibans where a person’s right to live his or her life is not in their hands but in the hands of a group of barbaric clerics. People need to grow up…

No comments:

Post a Comment