Wednesday, November 11, 2009

J'awww'B :(

The last 2 days were like those spent in a boot camp with hard labor. While I have been churning out presentations on action plans on seemingly path-breaking ideas, I have little hope that any of it will ever see the light of the day. I have been thinking hard on why my interest in what I do has waned to such abysmal levels.

Looking back I realized that this was mainly because most of the initiatives initially started with a lot of enthusiasm and support from the stake holders. Once the idea is germinated, I am assigned with the task of developing these ideas into operational tasks with defined goals and timelines get the final output that we intend to get out of the idea. I then chart out the action plan and start the implementation. As the time the implementation nears completion; the stakeholders make a complete u-turn on the plan or become a bottleneck themselves and deny a meaningful closure to the initiative. It’s very difficult to maintain your motivation to perform when you do not see an output for your time and effort as it robs you off the sense of achievement.

I guess the only way to keep yourself going in such situations is to change your point of reference to which you associate your achievement. Rather that weighing the achievement on the output, one must be contempt with fact that you done your part of the plan with a closure on all your activities and that by itself is an achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment