Sunday, October 4, 2009

The force within

I wanted to write but for quite some time it’s just been a thought. My drive to write took a hit when I realized that the destination that I so passionately pursue didn’t really exist. My state of mind could be equated to the day one realizes Superman doesn’t really exist. With all the stories, articles and pictures you always hoped in the back of your mind that you could understand something the others don’t and one day Superman is going to land right in front of those who scorned you. One day it hits you that he is just a figment of imagination created by the writers of Marvel comics. All your hopes of flying through the clouds and chasing out evil monsters come crashing down. You are never going to say those lines you memorized rigorously when you thought you’ll meet Superman for the first time. The person who made you think that you had the potential to take on the universe didn’t exist. It breaks your heart.

Then as time goes by you move on to the normal existence where limits are set to possibilities. There is still a thin thread of hope lingering inside you that you just can’t manage to break off, so all you can do is disregard it and carry on. With passing time you try to make sense of why it’s still holding on and then try to understand that it stands for.

Superman exists, but not like that we thought he would. He is a representation of the infinite potential that one possesses once one truly believes in himself. His stories and adventures are just personifications of the evils that battle every individual in his life. When he soars the skies through galaxies he makes you understand that there is so much out there than what we see now and that our possibilities are infinite.

I can still fly through clouds and fight evil monsters; I just need to change my viewpoint on the existence of Superman. I shouldn’t restrict myself to thinking about Superman as a physical form rather base my trust on his philosophy. This way I am in control of my drive. Never depend on others to motivate you, look into yourself and you’ll find a lot of things you have done that can fire you up.

“Impossible is Nothing”

No comments:

Post a Comment