Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Arranged debacles

I really can’t understand the arranged marriage concept. I do not understand how two people can decide to be together with just a couple of meetings. I have gone through the routine myself and I am still not able to get the hang of it. Even after the meetings I am simply not sure if this is the one. How does that happen? What are the areas that you can and cannot compromise on? How can you be sure that you’ll be attracted to her later if you don’t feel that way now? The problem is you can’t keep the others hanging about your decision. They cannot accept the fact the there is a grey area between Yes and No. For example, “I think I am fine with her right now, but I am not too sure if she is the one for me.” These kinds of statements are scorned upon by the elders. They don’t understand that you’ll need sometime to actually figure out if this is the right thing for you. It might also seem unfair to keep the folks of the girl’s side hanging for so long. I have hurt a few due to my actions. Though guilty of causing disappointment, I am glad that they and I are relieved of the pain as early as possible than carrying it on for the rest of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment