Thursday, October 8, 2009

New world

Saw the film ‘Wake up Sid’ yesterday. The irony is that I had a hard time waking up today after coming back from last night’s show. The movie has a woman coming to Mumbai to make her career. Though she is completely new to the city, has no job at hand and doesn’t know anybody, she isn’t afraid. She is overjoyed that she has got a fresh start, appreciates what she sees in the city and looks forward to the opportunities that it would present.

I’ll be leaving my country for the first time all alone with no job at hand. This shouldn’t scare me. I made the decision to go because of the opportunities it would present. I must value the opportunities that this foreign land would present. Not knowing anyone is just what’s needed to start afresh. It will also help me realize the value of things I have now and take for granted; my family, job, friends, my countrymen. I will not be afraid. I need to be looking forward to the all the new people, places and experiences that will come to me to become an integral part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment