Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Learned my first song on the guitar

“Papa kehethe hai…” has become the 1st song that I have managed to play on the guitar. While I haven’t yet learned the lyrics, I am quiet confident of playing the tune strumming pattern that sets the tune for it.

I am pretty happy with this humble achievement. This feat gives me the courage and drive that I need to continue learning to play this instrument.

My fingers always remind me of the excruciating pain I felt when the guitar strings initially used to pierce into my then sensitive skin. These two months have made them so hard that I hardly feel anything on the tips of my left hand now. I had willingly decided to part with my hyper sensitive finger tips which used to convey the minute details of the texture and form of the surface that I just grazed through a with ticklish feeling. The sensitive skin on my worthy left hand finer tips have given way to layers to hard dead skin with dips resembling that of the strings in a guitar and now have a high threshold to any kind of sensation. I knew this was a sacrifice I had to make. The death of all the skin cells covering my finger tips can only be justified by the output of my efforts. Thus, it makes my feat today a landmark achievement. There are many more milestones that need to be crossed. Let the songs I play be the cenotaph for the sacrifices made by my finger tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment